David Wilson poised for a big year
The Virginia Tech running back ran wild in the Hokies' big win
- Bob Donnan/US PresswireDavid Wilson averaged more than 10 yards per carry in Virgina Tech's rout of Appalachian State.The stock report after Week 1 of the college football season.
1. Virginia Tech RB David Wilson
Wilson is one of the fastest running backs in the country, and he put his speed on display in Virginia Tech's 66-13 rout of Appalachian State. Wilson racked up 162 yards on just 16 carries and scored three first-half touchdowns against the overmatched Mountaineers. He will be looking for another big game in Week 2 against an East Carolina squad that was porous against the run in a loss to South Carolina.
For Todd McShay's full stock watch, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider