David Wilson poised for a big year
The Virginia Tech running back ran wild in the Hokies' big win
1. Virginia Tech RB David Wilson
Wilson is one of the fastest running backs in the country, and he put his speed on display in Virginia Tech's 66-13 rout of Appalachian State. Wilson racked up 162 yards on just 16 carries and scored three first-half touchdowns against the overmatched Mountaineers. He will be looking for another big game in Week 2 against an East Carolina squad that was porous against the run in a loss to South Carolina.
For Todd McShay's full stock watch, become an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QB Lunt mulls Illinois after visit, sources say
- Former Arkansas QB Mitchell picks NC State
- Sources: C-USA to put team in Military Bowl
- For Irish, may be BCS or bust for bowl spot