Five harshest 2014 CFB schedules
Auburn among teams projected to face a much tougher gauntlet in 2014
Strength of schedule is one of the main factors that will be hotly debated this season, both inside and outside the College Football Playoff selection committee proceedings. First and foremost, however, contenders simply need to win games, and a stronger overall schedule might not help on that front.
We calculated the 2014 projected schedule strength of every FBS team based on our post-spring FEI rankings and compared it to the regular-season schedule strength each team faced in 2013. In terms of potential wins lost, the following five programs will be hurt the most by a tougher path this fall:
To see the full list of teams hurt most by the schedule in 2014, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- CFP officials won't budge on semis, title dates
- Arkansas' Long re-elected as CFP chairman
- Vandy rape trial jurors begin deliberations
- UNC, Wake Forest agree to non-ACC series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Todd McShay breaks down the top NFL prospects at the Senior Bowl. Read »