Top 25 playoff teams: UCLA
Are the Bruins finally ready to compete with college football's elite?
From May 27 to July 3, Insider's college football experts will preview the season for the 25 teams with the best chances to make the inaugural college football playoff, based on Brian Fremeau's post-spring projections. This is the entry for UCLA.
For the series landing page, click here.
Projected finish: 8-4 (6-3)
Chance to make playoff: 3 percent
Chance to win Pac-12: 11 percent
Toughest games: Sept. 25 at Arizona State (49 percent), Oct. 11 versus Oregon (36 percent), Nov. 28 versus Stanford (40 percent)
Why they'll make the playoff
1. They have one of the strongest passing attacks in college football.
To see more of KC Joyner's preview of UCLA's 2014 season, and to gain access to all of Insider's CFB content, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston's future call wouldn't surprise Fisher
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Gators QB Harris cited for driving without license
- Five-star DT Mack decommits from Texas A&M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Which one-loss playoff contenders are likeliest to run the table? Nebraska leads the way to the playoff.