Defensive keys for Auburn, FSU
Examining critical areas that could decide the BCS title game
The VIZIO BCS National Championship (Monday at 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN) features two of college football's most explosive offenses. While Auburn ranks first in the nation in rushing yards per game (336), 11th in total yards per game (505) and ninth in points per game (40), Florida State ranks 14th in passing yards per game (322), fifth in total offense (529) and first in PPG (53).
With such dynamic offenses, the BCS title game likely will come down to which defense can more effectively slow down the opposing offense. Of course, that will be easier said than done, as each of these high-octane attacks presents different challenges.
Here's a look at three defensive keys for each team heading into Monday night's BCS title showdown.
To read about the defensive keys for Florida State and Auburn ahead of Monday's BCS title game, become an ESPN Insider.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Football on Insider
Travis Haney examines potential breakout freshmen, including LSU's Leonard Fournette.
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Blue BCS Championship Bowl Bound Invested Long Sleeve T-Shirt