For the San Francisco 49ers, what plays were the most important in winning games on their way to the Super Bowl?
Here are the 10 plays that most improved their chances of winning through the regular season the playoffs.
Later today, we'll have the list for the Baltimore Ravens.
With the Atlanta Falcons driving for a potential go-ahead touchdown, the 49ers' defense makes the biggest play of their season to essentially lock up a trip to New Orleans. Bowman's pass breakup resulted in a turnover on downs.
49ers' win probablility pre-play: 65.9%; post-play: 97.4% (+31.5%)
Already trailing by a touchdown with the New Orleans Saints nearing field-goal range to potentially take a two-score lead into the locker room for halftime, Brooks picks off Brees' pass intended for Jimmy Graham and goes 50 yards for a tying touchdown.
49ers' win probability pre-play: 18.4%; post-play: 47.0% (+28.6%)
Just after the 49ers had cut a 17-7 deficit to 17-14, they forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. Tramaine Brock knocked the ball loose from the St. Louis Rams' return man, Isaiah Pead, and McBath picked it up and returned it to the Rams' 20. One play later, Frank Gore took it the rest of the way to give San Francisco a 21-17 lead in a game that would ultimately end in a tie.
49ers' win probability pre-play: 31.3%; post-play: 57.1% (+25.5%)
The rest of the 49ers' top 10:
4. Colin Kaepernick's 50-yard scramble with 2:28 left sets up a game-tying FG vs. the Rams in Week 13 (+23.8%).
5. Kaepernick's 56-yard TD run vs. the Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Playoffs (+19.8%).
6. A 38-yard TD pass from Kaepernick to Michael Crabtree breaks a 31-31 tie at New England in Week 15 (+18.8).
7. Kaepernick's 49-yard pass to Crabtree swings the division-clincher vs the Arizona Cardinals in Week 17 (+17.1%).
9. Aldon Smith recovers Falcons' fumbled snap in the NFC Championship Game (+15.6%).
10. Donte Whitner returns an interception for a touchdown to give the 49ers the winning points against the Saints in Week 12 (+14.2%).