SEC lunch links
September, 19, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
We've got a good one tonight as No. 3 Clemson goes against conference foe North Carolina State. It's not the SEC, I know, but we'll make due. Georgia fans looking to remain in the title picture should hope for a Clemson blowout to keep making that one early loss look better and better on the resume.
- AJ McCarron isn't afraid to suggest to Nick Saban what play to run. Alabama's senior quarterback has been trusted with the play-calling duties at the line of scrimmage.
- Gus Malzahn says the high number of drops have been holding back Auburn's offense.
- Arkansas didn't move the ball through the air much against Southern Miss, and with a backup quarterback in it was easy to understand why. But this week the receivers are looking for more of an opportunity.
- Mean Green, er North Texas, isn't all that scary. But Georgia is looking to tighten up some loose ends in this weekend's non-conference game.
- Tennessee's disappointed offensive line is ready to bounce back after a tough game against Oregon.
- Tom Mason, SMU's defensive coordinator, says he has the worst job in America this week trying to stop Texas A&M's offense.
- Vernon Hargreaves III isn't looked at by the coaching staff as a true freshman. Not after the hot start he's off to. Now, he's a starter.
- Bo Wallace was volatile under center last season, leading the league in interceptions. But this year has been different for Ole Miss' starting quarterback. He has been making much better decisions with the football, and it has paid off for the Rebels.
- Les Miles wouldn't say if freshman running back Jeryl Brazil was suspended against Kent State this past weekend. But LSU's coach did say he might play against Auburn on Saturday.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin says he's encouraged by departed wideout Chris Boyd's replacements.
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Final Samford 7 14 Auburn 31 Final 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 21 Final Vanderbilt 0 4 Mississippi State 51