May, 13, 2013
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out the links on a Monday.
- Rising sophomore defensive back Jacquese Kirk is no longer a part of Vanderbilt's football team after violating team rules.
- Nick Saban's five conference idea would mean trouble for smaller schools, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of Al.com
- Former NFL scout Bucky Brooks says Johnny Manziel's "unimpressive physical dimensions" and "unrefined game" make him a marginal pro prospect.
- Here's a look at Ole Miss' quarterbacks after the spring.
- Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo pondered using a Florida-inspired play on what could have been the Bulldogs' final play against Alabama in last year's SEC championship game.
- ESPN 150 quarterback Drew Barker picked Kentucky over South Carolina, which sustained Wildcats coach Mark Stoops' knack for keeping recruits in the state of Kentucky.
- Here's viewing Stoops through rose-colored glasses.
- Auburn received a commitment from ESPN 150 defensive end Justin Thorton over the weekend.
- New hires at Tennessee show the importance of familiarity and trust.
- Two more signees from Florida's 2013 class enrolled at UF over the weekend.
- LSU picked up a commitment from top junior college wide receiver D'haquille Williams on Friday night.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28