May, 13, 2013
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Checking out the links on a Monday.
- Rising sophomore defensive back Jacquese Kirk is no longer a part of Vanderbilt's football team after violating team rules.
- Nick Saban's five conference idea would mean trouble for smaller schools, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of Al.com
- Former NFL scout Bucky Brooks says Johnny Manziel's "unimpressive physical dimensions" and "unrefined game" make him a marginal pro prospect.
- Here's a look at Ole Miss' quarterbacks after the spring.
- Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo pondered using a Florida-inspired play on what could have been the Bulldogs' final play against Alabama in last year's SEC championship game.
- ESPN 150 quarterback Drew Barker picked Kentucky over South Carolina, which sustained Wildcats coach Mark Stoops' knack for keeping recruits in the state of Kentucky.
- Here's viewing Stoops through rose-colored glasses.
- Auburn received a commitment from ESPN 150 defensive end Justin Thorton over the weekend.
- New hires at Tennessee show the importance of familiarity and trust.
- Two more signees from Florida's 2013 class enrolled at UF over the weekend.
- LSU picked up a commitment from top junior college wide receiver D'haquille Williams on Friday night.
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama