- Corey Long, Reporter, RecruitingNation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- ESPN 150 running back Ryan Green (St. Petersburg, Fla./St. Pete Catholic) stood out among the observers of the first session of Jimbo Fisher’s Football Camp. The junior has bulked up to 195 pounds -- adding almost 10 pounds to his frame.
Green won’t be watching Thursday; he’ll be competing in what is expected to be a star-filled group of participants.
“We signed up for this camp back in December,” said Vader Green, Ryan’s father. “I don’t think Ryan will be doing many more camps after this.”
Green could be taking a little time off over the summer after an exceptionally active winter and spring that includes participation in the UnderArmour national combine and the Orlando NFTC. He also took in junior-day events at Miami, South Florida, Florida State and Florida while attending spring games at Notre Dame and Tennessee.
“I think he’s a little tired and we’re all a little tired,” Vader Green said. “So it’s time to relax a little and talk about cutting the schools down.”
Green will participate in two July events -- The Opening and Gridiron Kings.
Jean-Felix ready to improve: Offensive lineman Sandley Jean-Felix (Lauderdale Lakes, Fla./Boyd Anderson) admits he had a rough camp season but is hoping to bounce back with a strong summer. The 6-4, 280-pound junior said he feels like he’s starting all over again.
“I went into a lot of the camps with a lot of confidence but I saw that I had a lot to work on,” Jean-Felix said. “It was a big wakeup call, so I’m going to go to events that will help me improve the way I play football and we’ll go from there.”
Jean-Felix, who has reported offers from Texas Tech, West Virginia, Middle Tennessee and Florida International, said this trip isn’t about recruiting.
“I’m really just trying to learn more about my position and listen to coaching,” Jean-Felix said. “Recruiting is something I’ll be thinking about real soon but I want to just take everything in and leave here as a better player.”
• ESPN 150 running back Alvin Kamara (Norcross, Ga./Norcross) arrived with a group of teammates late in the evening and watched a few minutes of “Noleball” at Doak Campbell Stadium.
• Miami Christopher Columbus teammates Daryl Chestnut and Lorenzo Woodley spent time with FSU running backs coach Eddie Gran while watching some of the evening festivities. Chestnut (5-9, 185 pounds) has an FSU offer along with offers from Kentucky, West Virginia, Kansas State and NC State. Woodley (6-0, 200 pounds) has offers from FSU, South Florida, Cincinnati and Ole Miss among others. Both players will camp at South Carolina after this weekend.
• Pompano Beach (Fla.) Blanche Ely defensive back Rashard Robinson worked out in the afternoon camp session and also participated in “Noleball” where he grabbed a nice one-handed interception.
• Other Class of 2014 prospects participating in the evening competition were wide receivers Emmanuel Soto (Davie, Fla./University School) and Jacob McCrary (Miami/Coral Reef) and defense end Christian Harris (Suwanee, Ga./Collins Hill).