Tuesday, January 22, 2013
All-Star snub on South Beach?
By Doug Mittler
Did the decision of the Miami Marlins to blow up their roster cost them the 2015 All-Star Game? Well, it clearly didn't help.
Marlins president David Samson said last year that the team would apply to have the 2015 Mid-Summer Classic played at Marlins Park. But the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Monday that the contest will take place at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald says the Marlins might have fallen out of favor with the Commissioner's office over the latest payroll slashing that enraged the fan base. MLB had selected the Marlins to host the 2000 All-Star Game at Sun Life Stadium but rescinded the invitation after the 1997 World Series team was dismantled