- Eric Karabell, ESPN.com Senior Writer
[Editor's Note: These rankings were slightly updated Friday based on injuries and other factors.]
No time to waste this week, so let's just get to the flex rankings quickly. As always, please remember I have no biases against any players. I check out the conversations and read all the feedback, and sure, there are going to be players you disagree about, but realize I have a reason for why Terrell Owens is ranked where he is, and why I really like Roddy White this week. You should chime in when you want, make your opinions heard! Hey, we have disagreements all the time on the ESPN Fantasy staff, too. That's why the "Called Out" feature written by Tristan Cockcroft is so interesting. One man might love Mohamed Massaquoi this week, another might have him buried. You need to know why. I try my best to explain my opinions all week. Here we go with the flex rankings.
1. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings: He tweaked his leg, but until I see him on an injury report, he's my No. 1.
2. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars
3. Brandon Jacobs, RB, Giants
4. Steve Slaton, RB, Texans: Anyone worried now? Didn't think so.
5. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans: Great matchup, but if the Colts are up three touchdowns early, Johnson might get his numbers through the air.
7. Michael Turner, RB, Falcons
8. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans
9. Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles: He's practicing, so I trust him. Might need only half of Sunday's game to put up numbers.
10. Ronnie Brown, RB, Dolphins: I'm not his biggest fan, but still I ranked him really well. Just have a hunch.
11. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts
12. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals: Can't wait to see Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald each put up 20 fantasy points.
13. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams: Getting good yards, so the touchdowns have to come sometime.
14. Randy Moss, WR, Patriots
15. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Steelers: I don't think Willie Parker will be suiting up this week. If he does, Mendenhall's stock drops quite a bit. And please, just because I praised Parker prior to the season doesn't mean a thing now that he's hurt and Mendenhall has emerged. Until last week, Mendenhall had done nothing.
16. Willis McGahee, RB, Ravens
17. Roddy White, WR, Falcons: I'm not at all worried. The 49ers' D put up 39 fantasy points on an awful offense. The Falcons will score points.
18. Dallas Clark, TE, Colts
19. Anquan Boldin, WR, Cardinals: He says he hasn't been this healthy in a while. I say it's just in time.
20. Clinton Portis, RB, Redskins: I'll keep sending him out there as a RB2.
21. Marion Barber, RB, Cowboys: Might not get the most carries on the team, but should score.
23. Thomas Jones, RB, Jets: Really, he's a big beneficiary of the big trade with the Browns, too. Can't stick nine men in the box against the New York running game now!
24. Hines Ward, WR, Steelers
25. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons
26. Mike Sims-Walker, WR, Jaguars: Fantasy owners are finally realizing he's going to have a big season.
27. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens: Don't expect the Ravens to throw as much this week.
28. Tim Hightower, RB, Cardinals
29. DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles
30. Steve Smith, WR, Panthers
31. Steve Smith, WR, Giants: Both Smiths are going to have nice games. We really should stop comparing them to each other, but to other top-10 WRs.
32. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Broncos
33. Glen Coffee, RB, 49ers: With 49 carries in two weeks, this guy might get burned out. OK, seriously, will we ever see a touchdown? For those wondering why he's only No. 33 here, he just hasn't proven all that much. Being No. 33 is probably too nice.
34. Jerricho Cotchery, WR, Jets: No worries even with his new teammate starting.
35. Santonio Holmes, WR, Steelers
36. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys
38. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Bills
39. Santana Moss, WR, Redskins
40. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills
41. Brandon Marshall, WR, Broncos: You might have already run out of time to get this fellow cheap.
42. Kevin Walter, WR, Texans
43. Derrick Mason, WR, Ravens
44. John Carlson, TE, Seahawks
45. Cedric Benson, RB, Bengals: Not an easy matchup, but still not a bad rank for him.
46. Bernard Berrian, WR, Vikings: He scored! Should be at least seven or eight more of those the rest of the way.
47. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts
48. Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants
50. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots
51. Chad Ochocinco, WR, Bengals
52. Donald Brown, RB, Colts
54. Chris Cooley, TE, Redskins
55. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers
56. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Seahawks
57. Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets: No excuses anymore for him.
58. Julius Jones, RB, Seahawks
59. Terrell Owens, WR, Bills: Certainly not a bad matchup, but that doesn't mean Trent Edwards will do much with it.
60. Mewelde Moore, RB, Steelers: Trash time might come early this week, and Moore did score twice last week.
61. Kevin Smith, RB, Lions: Got his touchdowns last week, but not the yards. It's risky to rely on the touchdowns again.
62. Brent Celek, TE, Eagles
63. Larry Johnson, RB, Chiefs
64. Beanie Wells, RB, Cardinals
65. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs
66. Ricky Williams, RB, Dolphins
67. Patrick Crayton, WR, Cowboys: Invisible for three weeks, but that doesn't make him different than the other Dallas wide receivers.
68. Mario Manningham, WR, Giants: Amazing how everyone loved him a few weeks ago.
70. Owen Daniels, TE, Texans
71. LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles
72. Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings: Seems to have a knack for scoring.
73. Leon Washington, RB, Jets
74. LenDale White, RB, Titans: Seems to have lost his knack for scoring.
75. Antonio Bryant, WR, Buccaneers
76. Sammy Morris, Patriots
77. Pierre Garcon, WR, Colts
78. Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Browns: Gonna be tough to match his breakout week, especially now that his opponent can prepare for him.
79. Nate Washington, WR, Titans
80. Dustin Keller, TE, Jets
81. Justin Fargas, RB, Raiders: In an easier matchup I might have considered him.
82. Steve Breaston, WR, Cardinals
83. Roy E. Williams, WR, Cowboys: Might not even play. And you might not even notice.
84. Davone Bess, WR, Dolphins
85. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers
86. Jamal Lewis, RB, Browns
87. Ladell Betts, RB, Redskins
88. Lee Evans, WR, Bills: Oh, how the overrated have fallen.
89. Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings
90. Nate Burleson, WR, Seahawks
91. Chester Taylor, RB, Vikings
92. Bobby Wade, WR, Chiefs
93. Donnie Avery, WR, Rams
94. Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots
95. Marcedes Lewis, TE, Jaguars
96. Torry Holt, WR, Jaguars
97. Chansi Stuckey, WR, Browns
98. Shonn Greene, RB, Jets: Seems like someone to watch, and to procure in advance in deep leagues. Just not a great play yet.
99. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs
100. Mark Clayton, WR, Ravens
Eric Karabell delivers his rankings for the flex spot in fantasy.