- Erik McKinney, ESPN Staff Writer
* For the second straight day, Lane Kiffin announced that virtually all of the Trojans injured players practiced. Only Torin Harris was held out completely. Tailback Marc Tyler and wide receiver Marqise Lee practiced and Kiffin called Tyler a game-time decision. "We'll look at that Saturday morning," Kiffin said in terms of Tyler's availability.
* With Harris not practicing and Anthony Brown out for the season, the cornerback position is thinning quickly. Kiffin said Wednesday that walk-on James Harbin would be called upon as an emergency cornerback, adding that the plan is to continue with T.J. Bryant's redshirt year, and that Harbin would be ahead of Bryant in the rotation anyway.
* Kiffin said he won't play up the rivalry angle as the Notre Dame game approaches. "With the young guys, the last thing we want to do it build it up to where they can't handle it," he said. "There will already be enough hype that I can't control."
* Drew McAllister had a nice day with two interceptions. The first came on a Matt Barkley throw, where McAllister juggled the initial contact but hauled it in while going to the ground. The second came against Cody Kessler and was the final play of practice.
* Isiah Wiley had two pass deflections.
* Barkley found Rhett Ellison for a touchdown to finish off a two-minute drive.
* Kiffin was asked about Andre Heidari's performance this season, and Kiffin spoke again about how exciting it is that so many of the team's top players are in their first or second seasons. He mentioned that on Wednesday, the last six players on the field being interviewed were all first- or second-year players.