- Erik McKinney, ESPN Staff Writer
• Lane Kiffin said Thursday’s practice wasn’t as crisp as Tuesday’s, but added it was expected due to the atmosphere that always surrounds the first day of spring ball. Kiffin called Day 2, “kind of sloppy” and said the defense dominated the day for the most part.
• George Farmer (hamstring) and Greg Townsend Jr. (back) came out during practice, and the injury situation didn’t change for any of the players who missed Tuesday’s practice. Kiffin said he is hoping that the week off for spring break will allow for several of the injured players to return to the field.
• Marqise Lee continues to impress and looks even better than the way he closed last season. Kiffin called Lee the MVP of the day, something Lee earned with a spectacular catch over the middle on a ball that looked as though it would be overthrown by 10 feet. When asked about the catch, Kiffin joked that he didn’t even know which spectacular catch by Lee was being referenced.
• D.J. Morgan broke off a long touchdown run during team drills, sprinting 65 yards up the middle for the score. Morgan looks noticeably improved from last year and Kiffin remarked after practice that he seems to be much healthier, now more than two years removed from his high school injury.