- Garry Paskwietz, Publisher, WeAreSC.com
The Trojans held the first winter sesson conditioning run with the coaches in attendance on Tuesday afternoon and then the team held a brief throwing session afterwards. Here are some tidbits from the day:
* Hayes Pullard and George Farmer had a big debate going as they walked off the field about who would win; Pullard's Los Angeles Crenshaw team which also featured Marcus Martin and De'Anthony Thomas , or Farmer's Gardena (Calif.) Serra team which included Robert Woods and Marqise Lee. To be honest, it’s a pretty good debate, as those were two great teams.
* As Ed Orgeron left the field he said “It’s great to be back out here on the grass”.
* Marquis Simmons, who battled neck issues in 2011, went through the session and said that he is completely healthy.
* Joshua Shaw is at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds and said he isn’t sure if he will be at corner or safety in the spring, although his preference is corner.
* Charles Burks is going through some drills and has a target date of Feb. 26 to be cleared for spring ball. Burks will be at defensive end.
* Freshman DeVante Wilson checked in at 6-foot-5, 235 pounds.
The Trojans held the first winter sesson conditioning run with the coaches in attendance on Tuesday afternoon and then the team held a brief throwing session afterwards.