Pac-12 lunch links: Cal focuses on defense
September, 18, 2013
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Gentlemen, the hopes and dreams of an entire town are riding on your shoulders. You may never matter again in your life as much as you do right now.
- Arizona is getting help from a freshman receiver.
- Arizona State has plenty of mistakes to correct before going to Stanford, including clock management.
- California, reasonably, is focusing on defense during the bye week.
- Colorado OG Kaiwi Crabb is a feel-good story for the Buffs.
- Oregon's defense is not trying to be good anymore. It wants to be great.
- Linebacker Jabral Johnson has stepped up for Oregon State.
- Stanford's defense will be down two key players against Arizona State, including starting end Henry Anderson.
- So far, UCLA's questionable secondary has answered questions.
- USC RB Tre Madden is hinting he's not unlike a former great Trojan.
- The Pac-12 blog is not smart enough to figure out why this video of a couple of Utah players is controversial, but it apparently is.
- Washington's D-line has been effective when it goes "Jetson."
- Washington State's practice was wet and had an extra session.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28