Texas Longhorns: Texas Tech Raiders
- Texas’ return to notoriety runs through Provo, writes Jay Drew of the The Salt Lake Tribune.
- The Manhattan Mercury's Joshua Kinder wonders if a QB controversy is brewing at Kansas State.
- Kansas wideout Justin McCay is eager to hit the field, reports the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- The Red Raiders are trying to remedy an ailing running game, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- Gary Patterson tells the Fort Worth Star-Telgegram's Stefan Stevenson the vaunted TCU secondary was subpar in its opener.
- Iowa State QB Sam Richardson is wearing a walking boot as a precaution.
- The Baylor defense looked impenetrable in its opener, in the opinion of the Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry.
- Specialist Kip Smith was solid in his Oklahoma State debut, reports the Tulsa World's Kelly Hines.
- The Mountaineers have to make more plays downfield, according to the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza.
- Oklahoma QB Trevor Knight is showing some fire, writes The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, Big 12, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, TCU Horned Frogs, Sam Richardson, Justin McCay, Trevor Knight, Kip Smith, Texas Tech Raiders