Big 12 lunchtime links
- Texas coach Charlie Strong is a little too honest for his fanbase, in the opinion of the Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington. The paper's Chuck Carlton got a one-on-one video interview with Strong.
- The naming of Montell Cozart as Kansas' starting QB was all about timing, writes the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- Baylor is relishing its role as the defending Big 12 champs.
- TCU defensive end Devonte Fields has returned better than ever, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Lindy Berry, a former TCU All-American QB, passed away at 86.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads wants a starting quarterback named by mid-August, reports the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse.
- The Kansas State running back competition continues, according to the Manhattan Mercury's Joshua Kinder. The Wildcats are looking for more out of linebacker Charmeachealle Moore, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.
- Oklahoma lost another commitment, its second in the last week. The Sooners are hoping to land this blue-chip kicker. An Alabama transfer offensive lineman chose Ohio State over Oklahoma. Bob Stoops weighs in on whether transfer QB Baker Mayfield will be on scholarship.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is a fan of the NCAA’s graduate transfer rule, but wonders if it's going to be reformed, reports Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette. Allan Taylor of the West Virginia MetroNews Network addresses whether the Mountaineers receiving corps can regain its swagger.
- Coach Kliff Kingsbury said incoming freshman Patrick Mahomes is likely to be Texas Tech's No. 2 QB behind starter Davis Webb.
- Big 12 coaches don't see players as employees, The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey reports.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy sees the College Football Playoff eventually going to eight teams, according to the Austin American-Statesman's Kevin Lyttle. Gundy also thinks college football is becoming more time consuming for players, reports the Tulsa World's Kelly Hines.
- The Dallas Morning News wraps up spring ball for Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech.
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, Big 12, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Big 12 lunchtime links
College Football Top Plays: Week 8
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jaxon Shipley retweeted
- Max Olson retweeted