Big 12's lunch links
January, 16, 2014
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Wow, I bet $1.3 billion could buy you a lot of game tokens. OK, sorry, on to the links.
- Some really nice tributes to Curtis Bray today. Iowa State players say he was a life coach. His legacy will live on long after his death.
- Texas' coaching staff is complete and the choice of playcaller is a surprise.
- Charlie Strong is taking steps to "be about championships," writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman. Five challenges Strong faces now.
- Did Texas find a way to avoid paying Oklahoma State $600,000 for Joe Wickline?
- Texas Tech is down to one scholarship QB following the departure of Michael Brewer.
- Dana Holgorsen is keeping information on a need-to-know basis at West Virginia.
- Regents have approved more facility upgrades at Kansas State.
- Justin Gilbert is going into the draft process as a potential top-10 pick.
- Kansas has gone through seven starting quarterbacks (and 39 losses) since Todd Reesing graduated.
- Charges against Iowa State defensive tackle David Irving have been dropped.
- An Iowa State defensive back unexpectedly left for junior college this week.
- Former Kansas QB Brock Berglund is leaving North Texas and searching for his fourth college.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Max Olson retweeted