Big 12's lunch links
January, 16, 2014
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Wow, I bet $1.3 billion could buy you a lot of game tokens. OK, sorry, on to the links.
- Some really nice tributes to Curtis Bray today. Iowa State players say he was a life coach. His legacy will live on long after his death.
- Texas' coaching staff is complete and the choice of playcaller is a surprise.
- Charlie Strong is taking steps to "be about championships," writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman. Five challenges Strong faces now.
- Did Texas find a way to avoid paying Oklahoma State $600,000 for Joe Wickline?
- Texas Tech is down to one scholarship QB following the departure of Michael Brewer.
- Dana Holgorsen is keeping information on a need-to-know basis at West Virginia.
- Regents have approved more facility upgrades at Kansas State.
- Justin Gilbert is going into the draft process as a potential top-10 pick.
- Kansas has gone through seven starting quarterbacks (and 39 losses) since Todd Reesing graduated.
- Charges against Iowa State defensive tackle David Irving have been dropped.
- An Iowa State defensive back unexpectedly left for junior college this week.
- Former Kansas QB Brock Berglund is leaving North Texas and searching for his fourth college.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #28 Football Game Jersey
- Big 12 Conference retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia