I feel for Wes Welker having to wear this helmet. He still scored a TD Sunday.
- Offensive line coach Joe Wickline confirms to The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell that he's leaving Oklahoma State for the same position at Texas. This is a coup for the Longhorns and a blow to the Cowboys. Wickline is regarded as one of the top offensive line coaches in the country.
- The Austin American-Statesman's Kirk Bohls wonders if race will follow coach Charlie Strong to Texas.
- West Virginia QB Ford Childress has left school and will not return, reports the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza. Childress started two games for the Mountaineers this past season before suffering a season-ending pectoral injury.
- The Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait features Kansas receiver Nick Harwell, who transferred in from Miami of Ohio. The Jayhawks have a big junior-college recruit visiting this weekend.
- Fans of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are getting a little too social with recruits, The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey details in this piece on fans, recruiting and social media.
- Oklahoma is trying to finish out strong in recruiting, writes the Dallas Morning News' Alex Apple. Kersey projects the 2014 Sooners' depth chart, and details the major question marks.
- With Josh Stewart's departure, speedy junior-college transfer Tyreek Hill could make an immediate impact for Oklahoma State in 2014, according to Mizell.
- The Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington says the saga of former Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield is another example of NCAA hypocrisy.
- The Waco Tribune-Herald recaps where the top 100 recruits from Texas are going.
- Baylor fans have scooped up all the throwback uniforms the school put on sale from the Texas game, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's Regina Dennis.
#AskLoogs: March 7
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35