Worlds collided for Nebraska coach Bo Pelini.
- Charlie Strong was introduced as Texas' new coach Monday. Strong passed his first test, in the opinion of the Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw. Strong isn't Mack Brown, writes the paper's Chuck Carlton, but he can still make an impression.
- Strong's hiring is the first step in changing the culture in Austin, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Mac Engel. Strong talked about being tough and winning championships, which is exactly what Texas fans wanted to hear. One prominent Texas booster, however, wasn't pleased with the hire.
- Iowa State is bringing Mark Mangino back to the Big 12 to be its offensive coordinator. The Des Moines Register's Bryce Miller calls the hire coach Paul Rhoads' first win of 2014. The paper's Randy Peterson said Mangino was as good a get as Iowa State could have hoped for.
- The Cyclones had some other staff changes.
- Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk declared for the NFL Draft.
- The Sooners picked up a commitment from a four-star offensive guard. Bob Stoops said he doesn't care what former players think. Stoops will not be interviewing with the Cleveland Browns after all, and says his full intention is to stay at Oklahoma. The Sooners had two players named to the FWAA Freshman All-America Team.
- West Virginia QB Clint Trickett told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Stephen J. Nesbitt he has no regrets about transferring from Florida State, even though the Seminoles just won the national title.
#AskLoogs: March 7
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35