Big 12's lunch links
December, 31, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
The final day of 2013 is upon us. Here's the latest from the Big 12.
- Mack Brown's time at Texas ended in cheers, but there was nothing to celebrate, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning-News.
- Texas athletic director Steve Patterson plans to hire a new coach by Jan. 15, reports Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- "When he had his moment, he made the most of it," Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said of quarterback Davis Webb's performance in the Red Raiders' National University Holiday Bowl win. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal has the story.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro declared for the NFL draft after a strong Holiday Bowl performance, reports Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- An Iowa State commitment has re-affirmed his pledge to Paul Rhoads' program, reports Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Does Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy have interest in the Texas job? It seems like he could, writes The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson.
- Baylor has a battle-tested group in the secondary heading into the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- There will be a lot of chips involved during the Fiesta Bowl and not necessarily the edible kind, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune.
- Oklahoma will have to have success running the ball to beat Alabama, writes John Shinn of the Norman Transcript.
- This season wasn't easy for OSU quarterback Clint Chelf, who lost his job before sparking the Cowboys' run to the AT&T Cotton Bowl. Patience paid off writes John Klein of the Tulsa World.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #28 Football Game Jersey
- Big 12 Conference retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia