Big 12 lunchtime links
- The Longhorns' body blows were too much for skidding Texas Tech, writes the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton. The Red Raiders ended Kliff Kingbury's first season with a whimper, says the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. Tech drove into Texas territory five times and managed only a field goal. Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat improved his draft stock on in his final home game. Texas Tech's fake punt shocked everyone.
- With Missouri gone, Kansas is stressing its instate rivalry with Kansas State, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Jeff Deters. K-State defensive end Ryan Mueller has gone from bleeding blue to beating blue, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett. The paper breaks down the Sunflower Showdown position by position. The Kansas City Star also previews the game. Kansas' offensive line coach is stepping down.
- Iowa State is flying high heading into Morgantown, writes the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza, and is looking to end the season on a high note. Former Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein tells the Des Moines Register's Bryce Miller that coach Paul Rhoads still has the trust of the team. The Cyclones have extended their series with instate foe Iowa. West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is not looking to next season yet, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman, but he is shouldering blame for the offensive struggles.
- Injuries are piling up for Baylor, writes the Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry. With the national title gone, Baylor will try to impress for a BCS at-large berth, the paper's John Werner says. Would TCU have been better off not moving to the Big 12? The Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw answers that question.
- Is this the golden era of Beldam football? The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel thinks so. Oklahoma State wide receiver Charlie Moore is quietly having a banner senior season, according to The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The World's Guerin Emig breaks down the Oklahoma backfield heading into Bedlam next weekend.
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, Big 12, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange #1 Football Game Jersey
- Hook 'Em retweeted
- Sean Adams retweeted
- Sean Adams retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET North Dakota State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech Oklahoma 7:00 PM ET Samford TCU 7:00 PM ET Central Arkansas Texas Tech 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin Kansas State 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State 8:00 PM ET North Texas Texas