Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 29, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
I ate a bunch of these Thursday:
- The Longhorns' body blows were too much for skidding Texas Tech, writes the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton. The Red Raiders ended Kliff Kingbury's first season with a whimper, says the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. Tech drove into Texas territory five times and managed only a field goal. Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat improved his draft stock on in his final home game. Texas Tech's fake punt shocked everyone.
- With Missouri gone, Kansas is stressing its instate rivalry with Kansas State, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Jeff Deters. K-State defensive end Ryan Mueller has gone from bleeding blue to beating blue, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett. The paper breaks down the Sunflower Showdown position by position. The Kansas City Star also previews the game. Kansas' offensive line coach is stepping down.
- Iowa State is flying high heading into Morgantown, writes the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza, and is looking to end the season on a high note. Former Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein tells the Des Moines Register's Bryce Miller that coach Paul Rhoads still has the trust of the team. The Cyclones have extended their series with instate foe Iowa. West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is not looking to next season yet, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman, but he is shouldering blame for the offensive struggles.
- Injuries are piling up for Baylor, writes the Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry. With the national title gone, Baylor will try to impress for a BCS at-large berth, the paper's John Werner says. Would TCU have been better off not moving to the Big 12? The Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw answers that question.
- Is this the golden era of Beldam football? The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel thinks so. Oklahoma State wide receiver Charlie Moore is quietly having a banner senior season, according to The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The World's Guerin Emig breaks down the Oklahoma backfield heading into Bedlam next weekend.
Vance Bedford: Dream to be Back on Forty Acres
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35