Big 12's lunch links
November, 18, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
In case you missed it, this is a must see. Gotta love it when people go above and beyond to make others' dreams come true.
- "There's a lot of fight at TCU," coach Gary Patterson says. The Horned Frogs have had a lot of close battles and the loss to Kansas State still stings, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Baylor's trip to Stillwater will be the Bears' toughest test of the season . Baylor hasn't beaten Oklahoma State in Stillwater since 1939, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Iowa State will be looking to give its seniors a nice gift in their final home game: A victory.
- "He's gonna make a lot of people happy in Jayhawk land here before it's all said and done," Kansas offensive line coach Tim Grunhard said about quarterback Montell Cozart after the true freshman's first start. Matt Tait has the story for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal details some of the key plays in Kansas State's 33-31 win over TCU.
- Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was much more comfortable while leading the Sooners to a blowout win over Iowa State, but he hasn't been named the starter quite yet, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Oklahoma State and Baylor used to be neighbors at the bottom of the Big 12 South standings. Now, they're neighbors atop the Big 12 standings thanks to Mike Gundy and Art Briles, writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- Baylor is the latest private school to rise up the college football landscape, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Saturday's loss to Baylor was the sixth game in a row that Texas Tech allowed more rushing yards than it did the game before. And missed tackles have played a role, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- It's been a season full of inconsistency at West Virginia, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- WVU's Shaq Rowell says Kansas "spoiled our dreams," according to Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Texas' loss hurt the Longhorns' momentum on the recruiting trail, reports our recruiting expert William Wilkerson.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #8 Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry Limited Football Jersey
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State