Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 15, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Hey, college students: Why don't you like college football games anymore?
- Texas Tech's defense has given up 22 big plays in the last three games. Kliff Kingsbury and Sonny Cumbie explain why they love having Jace Amaro in their offense. Nobody inspires WR Eric Ward more than his son Jayric.
- Lache Seastrunk is one of 10 semifinalists for the Doak Walker Award. Bryce Petty is No. 4 in ESPN's Heisman Watch and No. 5 in the USA Today survey.
- Making second-half adjustments has keyed Oklahoma State's win streak. Pokes receiver Charlie Moore's family is full of Texas Exes.
- Bob Stoops is not committing to Blake Bell as his quarterback for 2014. As Stoops closes in on his wins record, Barry Switzer regrets getting "screwed out of" three tie games.
- Beating Oklahoma remains Mission Impossible for Iowa State since 1990. DeVondrick Nealy is making the most of his touches in the Iowa State offense.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson expects some emotions during his long-awaited return to Kansas State. TCU and K-State are both making the two-quarterback system work.
- Charlie Weis doesn't think Kansas' remaining schedule is "soft," no matter the win-loss records. JaCorey Shepherd continues to make an impact in Kansas' returns game. The KU offense is struggling at historic levels.
- Alex De La Torre is making the most of his limited role as Texas' fullback. Former track coach Bev Kearney has filed a $1 million lawsuit against UT.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is not going to underestimate Kansas this week. The Mountaineers defense remains an enigma.
- The third time has been the charm for Bill Snyder's two-QB plan. Kansas State is anticipating a physical test from TCU.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Max Olson retweeted
- Mack Brown retweeted