Big 12's lunch links
November, 14, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Question: How many Big 12 schools would Jordan Lynch start for? Pretty much all of them, right?
- Lineman Gabe Ikard remains the face of this season's Sooners, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. OC Josh Heupel doesn't think the Oklahoma offense is all that far off. Kendal Thompson's father wants to see him get a shot at the QB job.
- In case you missed it, Art Briles agreed to a 10-year deal with Baylor on Wednesday. Good updates here on the status of construction for Baylor Stadium, including news of an RGIII statue in the works. Several Baylor receivers will have to step up to replace Tevin Reese.
- Kevin Peterson is emerging as a playmaker for the Oklahoma State defense. Could "College GameDay" come to Baylor-Oklahoma State next week?
- Charlie Weis is shaking up Kansas' practice routine in hopes of better results. He's treating the Jayhawks' final games as their playoffs. A former KU fullback has filed a class-action lawsuit against the NCAA.
- Texas is finally getting big plays from small-town linebacker Steve Edmond.
- An Iowa State defensive lineman was arrested on domestic assault charges. Jevohn Miller is taking advantage of his second chance with the Cyclones.
- The December bowl picture is beginning to take shape for Kansas State. But KSU still has to get to six wins first.
- Loading up on transfers has paid off for West Virginia this season. There's now no room for error for this WVU team. Jewone Snow is stepping in at middle linebacker this weekend.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson is proud of the numbers his defense has managed to put up.
- Texas Tech remains confident despite its three-game losing streak. Five things Baylor fans should know about the Red Raideres.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Manny Diaz retweeted
- Kevin Flaherty retweeted