The Tavon Austin who destroyed the Big 12 finally reappeared on Sunday. Two weeks after my fantasy team gave up on him.
- Baylor will be doing plenty of scoreboard watching this month if the Bears keep winning. Amid a move up to No. 5 in the BCS standings, Art Briles is worried only about what he can control.
- Against Baylor, penalties became a major setback for Oklahoma. A good look here from Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman at how OU and Baylor are going in opposite directions these days. Barry Switzer believes a drop in talent up front has helped cause OU's decline. The Sooners' QB commit is done for the season.
- TCU's depth at running back helped save the day against Iowa State. Top receiver Brandon Carter came back, but the status of two injured defensive backs is still questionable.
- Texas Tech is facing a difficult road ahead after three straight losses. Five issues the Red Raiders must address after losing to Kansas State.
- The Oklahoma State-Texas matchup will have Big 12 title implications after all. Mike Gundy offered a rare injury update on Sunday.
- Losing Johnathan Gray and Chris Whaley is just the next blow in an injury-filled season for Texas. Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Stateman says Texas' AD search started with 20 names and ended with two interviews.
- In case you missed it, Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star went to Youngstown, Ohio, for this great piece on Mark Mangino. Freshman Montell Cozart brings a new element to the Kansas offense. Charlie Weis still believes in instilling a "Stanford mentality" to his offense.
- Good luck figuring out this West Virginia team after all its puzzling inconsistency. WVU coaches were frustrated by their final offensive possession in regulation. The Mountaineers need to win their final two games to keep their bowl streak alive.
- Bill Snyder sees major improvement from his team, as Kansas State is one win away from bowl eligibility. KSU's report card from Tech game was about as good as it gets.
- Iowa State's quarterback situation continues to be a confusing mess. It's been a bizarre season for the Cyclones, and Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribute says it got even stranger on Saturday.
Vance Bedford: Dream to be Back on Forty Acres
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35