Big 12's lunch links
- By hammering Oklahoma 41-12, Baylor's title hopes are no longer a fantasy, writes the Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington. The Bears flashed a championship-caliber defense, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's Brice Cherry. Baylor showed off its depth and versatility, according to the San Antonio Express-News' Tim Griffin. QB Bryce Petty and RB Shock Linwood spearheaded the Baylor offense, but WR Tevin Reese is expected to miss the rest of the regular season with a dislocated wrist.
- It's time for Bob Stoops to take stock of his offense after a lackluster performance, in the opinion of The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel. Stoops took the blame off QB Blake Bell, but this definitely did not come true. The Sooners lost another key player to injury. Center Gabe Ikard says the Sooners are now out of the Big 12 race.
- The West Virginia offense is evolving into a power-rushing attack, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel.
- Defense and confidence has been the key to Texas' revival, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman. Could West Virginia be a trap game for the Longhorns? New athletic director Steve Patterson doesn't anticipate making "monstrous" changes in Austin.
- The conference schedule has been a killer for Kansas, in the opinion of The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The Jayhawks are looking ahead, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ben Ward, but it would help if they could solve their third quarter issues.
- Oklahoma State's running game passes inspection, according to the Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel.
- Can we just give Texas Tech's Jace Amaro the Mackey Award, and stop all this silliness? More uniforms are on the way for the Red Raiders.
- Kansas State's dual-threat QBs are getting the job done, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt. K-State DE Ryan Mueller has a charged motor.
- Iowa State and TCU share one big thing in common, writes the Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson.
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers
Texas' Strong Discusses Aggressive Offense, Defense
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #1 Football Game Jersey
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State