Big 12 Week 11: Did you know?
November, 8, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Facts and numbers you probably didn't know to help preview Saturday's games, courtesy of the great sports information departments around the Big 12:
- Oklahoma State has scored 20 or more points in 47 consecutive games dating back to the start of the 2010 season. That is the longest active streak in the country and the second-longest since Division I split into the FBS/FCS in 1978, trailing only USC's 63 straight games of 20 or more points from Sept. 2, 2002 through Nov. 25, 2006.
- A win over Kansas would improve the Cowboys to 16-1 in Boone Pickens Stadium, dating back to the start of the 2011 season.
- The Jayhawks rank No. 30 nationally and third in the Big 12 with 10 interceptions, reaching double-digits for the second-consecutive season after a high of just eight in the previous three seasons.
- Oklahoma State CB Tyler Patmon has appeared in 43 games in his career. Eight with the Cowboys, and 35 for the Jayhawks.
- With a win over Texas Tech, Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, who ranks 50th all-time in victories at four-year institutions, can become just the 11th coach to reach 175 wins at only one school.
- After averaging just 5.3 points in the fourth quarter over the first six weeks, K-State has now scored 42 in the final frame over the past two weeks -- 21 points in both fourth quarters.
- A win over Kansas State would give Tech its best Big 12 record since the 2009 season when the Red Raiders finished 5-3 in the league.
- Tech tight end Jace Amaro became just the second Red Raider (since 2000) with at least eight receptions in eight consecutive games. The only other Tech player since 2000 to accomplish this was Michael Crabtree with nine straight games with at least eight catches in 2007.
- This week against TCU is Iowa State’s homecoming game. The Cyclones are 38-56-6 all-time in homecoming games, but are 3-1 in their past four. Iowa State actually defeated Baylor in last season's homecoming game, 35-21.
- ISU started seven different offensive line combinations in its first seven games, before sticking with the same one last week against Kansas State.
- TCU is on pace to become the first Big 12 team since 1996 (Nebraska) to lead the conference in both sacks and interceptions. The Horned Frogs have a Big 12-leading 26 sacks and 17 picks. The 17 interceptions are tied for second nationally.
- TCU has won 16 of its past 20 conference road games.
- Texas has never beaten West Virginia. In their two meetings, West Virginia won 7-6 in 1956 and 48-45 last season.
- Seven different Longhorns have receptions of 45 yards or more this season.
- The Mountaineers have 17 different players who have earned their first career starts this season.
- Dating back to 1980, the Mountaineers hold a 167-13-1 record when scoring 30 or more points in a game. West Virginia knocked off Oklahoma State at home this season, 30-21.
Celebrating Black History Month With Texas HC Charlie Strong
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Baylor SMU TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia