Big 12 lunchtime links
- Bob Stoops is showing a new attitude this fall compared to 2012. He's also talking about the SEC again.
- Kansas State's Tyler Lockett is the latest in the Book of Lockett. A grayshirt season in 2010 ended up helping Dante Barnett mature. KSU is hoping for a better showing on the road.
- Despite his hot seat, Mack Brown has earned the respect of Iowa State. Texas snapper Nate Boyer was nominated for the William V. Campbell Trophy.
- Opposing coaches are noticing the strides Baylor's defense has made. That defense has scored more points off turnovers than it has allowed so far.
- Oklahoma State can use Kansas State as a measuring stick this weekend. Its offensive linemen are taking responsibility for struggles in the run game last week.
- TCU is hoping to get more production out of Trevone Boykin's rushing talents.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro has the respect of KU defenders. Records show former TTU coach Tommy Tuberville was indeed reprimanded for his sideline blowup last season.
- Charlie Weis says the Jayhawks simply need to score more points. Renovations are being planned for KU's Memorial Stadium.
- Great story from the Ames Tribune on how receiver Justin Coleman wound up at Iowa State after his previous football program was shut down. Beating Texas tonight could launch ISU's expectations for 2013.
- West Virginia QB Clint Trickett is still getting used to the Air Raid offense. He and Dana Holgorsen are still working to get on the same page.
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners, Big 12, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, mack brown, Bob Stoops, Tyler Lockett, Charlie Weis., Nate Boyer, Trevone Boykin, Jace Amaro, Clint Trickett, Justin Coleman, Dante Barnett
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Manny Diaz retweeted
- Kevin Flaherty retweeted