Big 12 lunch links
September, 20, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
It's time to bring the pain, Jack!
- One play, which went largely unnoticed, impressed West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen more than any other during Ford Childress' first start at quarterback for the Mountianeers, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Texas Tech has a punter emerging as a weapon that could help win field position battles, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Can TCU still win the Big 12? Fort Worth Star-Telegram writers Jimmy Burch and Stefan Stevenson weigh in during this roundtable.
- Mike Gundy would prefer a different scenario heading into Oklahoma State's bye week, reports Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Depth at offensive tackle is a big concern for Oklahoma, writes Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World. Bob Stoops got a contract extension approved on Thursday.
- Kansas State is trying to focus on the present and ignore the past when the Wildcats take on Texas, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle. KSU has won five straight games against UT.
- Kansas is looking for more ways to get Tony Pierson involved, writes Rustin Dodd of the Wichita Eagle.
- A pair of Jayhawks have reunited in the secondary writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Iowa State quarterback Sam Richardson was almost replaced during the Cyclones' loss to Iowa, reports Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Jyruss Edwards has overcome a lot to become a key part of Louisiana-Monroe's offense, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune. ULM faces Baylor on Saturday.
- A closer look at the state of Texas football from Andy Staples at SI.com.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Max Olson retweeted
- Mack Brown retweeted