Big 12 lunch links
September, 17, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
There were plenty of big plays in the Big 12 last weekend.
- Baylor is preparing for Louisiana-Monroe, who could be the Bears' toughest test thus far, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Iowa State should get its veteran center Tom Farniok back for Tulsa, writes Bobby Le Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Even though the Cyclones aren't off to a good start, don't expect any changes on the coaching staff during the season, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas quarterback Jake Heaps is off to a slow start but Charlie Weis isn't worried about the BYU transfer, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- A former walk-on could help Kansas State's running game, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma receiver Jaz Reynolds looks back on sitting out last season: "There were plenty of tough days." But Reynolds has returned to good standing in the Sooners' program, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Oklahoma State will investigate claims made in Sports Illustrated's series on Cowboys football, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- "You can stop the rumors by winning," Texas coach Mack Brown says. Chuck Carlton has the story for the Dallas Morning News.
- TCU's offense is dealing with an identity crisis, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A selfless attitude has helped spark Texas Tech's 3-0 start and it can be seen in the blocking by the Red Raiders' receivers, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia is showing signs of having quality depth on its roster, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Longhorn_FB retweeted
- Wescott Eberts retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET North Dakota State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech 4 Oklahoma 7:00 PM ET Samford TCU 7:00 PM ET Central Arkansas Texas Tech 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin 20 Kansas State 8:00 PM ET North Texas Texas 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State