Big 12 lunch links
September, 17, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
There were plenty of big plays in the Big 12 last weekend.
- Baylor is preparing for Louisiana-Monroe, who could be the Bears' toughest test thus far, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Iowa State should get its veteran center Tom Farniok back for Tulsa, writes Bobby Le Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Even though the Cyclones aren't off to a good start, don't expect any changes on the coaching staff during the season, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas quarterback Jake Heaps is off to a slow start but Charlie Weis isn't worried about the BYU transfer, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- A former walk-on could help Kansas State's running game, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma receiver Jaz Reynolds looks back on sitting out last season: "There were plenty of tough days." But Reynolds has returned to good standing in the Sooners' program, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Oklahoma State will investigate claims made in Sports Illustrated's series on Cowboys football, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- "You can stop the rumors by winning," Texas coach Mack Brown says. Chuck Carlton has the story for the Dallas Morning News.
- TCU's offense is dealing with an identity crisis, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A selfless attitude has helped spark Texas Tech's 3-0 start and it can be seen in the blocking by the Red Raiders' receivers, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia is showing signs of having quality depth on its roster, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns White #28 Football Game Jersey
- Big 12 Conference retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia