Blame the refs if you want, TCU fans, but why was Trevone Boykin wearing a Kansas State arm sleeve on Thursday night? On to the links ...
- Kliff Kingsbury got his first big win at Texas Tech, knocking off No. 24 TCU 20-10. Kingsbury is happy to take a crazy, ugly win. What a night for the Red Raider defense. Bradley Marquez made a bigger contribution than just the game-winning score. After the loss, Gary Patterson says it's time for penalty-prone TCU to "grow up." Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes this looked like the same TCU team of 2012. Devonte Fields was also injured in the game.
- Oklahoma State Berry Tramel's take on part III: OSU needs to quit recruiting numskulls. Here's background on the players involved in part III. Former Cowboy Artrell Woods is still mad at OSU. SI responds to criticism from Brandon Weeden. As for this week's game, Lamar's offense is much like what OSU sees in the Big 12.
- West Virginia is handing over the keys to its offense to quarterback Ford Childress. Dana Holgorsen says it's Childress' time and his job. WVU linebacker Doug Rigg "still a little foggy" after being knocked out of the Oklahoma game.
- Oklahoma needs a passing attack to maximize its potential. Bob Stoops argues that majority of OU's passing troubles aren't the fault of his QBs.
- Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated visited Texas and Texas A&M on same day and compared where both programs stand. Former Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro says players are to blame for the firing of Manny Diaz. Athlon is predicting an Ole Miss victory on Saturday.
- Kansas ready to end 22-game road losing streak that began in Sept. 2009. KU may have found its deep threat in receiver Rodriguez Coleman. Safety/linebacker tweener Victor Simmons is making a good impression on KU defensive coordinator Dave Campo.
- Iowa State needs Sam Richardson to make game-winning decisions this weekend. The loser of Iowa-Iowa State faces a tough road ahead.
- Bill Snyder is more confident in playing a two-quarterback system than ever before. UMass is facing quarterback questions of its own, plus five keys to a KSU win this weekend.
- Sports On Earth looks at how Baylor and other big-time schools are feasting on easy wins over small-conference schools. The Bears' new stadium is coming along nicely.
#AskLoogs: March 7
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35