Big 12 lunch links
September, 13, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Blame the refs if you want, TCU fans, but why was Trevone Boykin wearing a Kansas State arm sleeve on Thursday night? On to the links ...
- Kliff Kingsbury got his first big win at Texas Tech, knocking off No. 24 TCU 20-10. Kingsbury is happy to take a crazy, ugly win. What a night for the Red Raider defense. Bradley Marquez made a bigger contribution than just the game-winning score. After the loss, Gary Patterson says it's time for penalty-prone TCU to "grow up." Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes this looked like the same TCU team of 2012. Devonte Fields was also injured in the game.
- Oklahoma State Berry Tramel's take on part III: OSU needs to quit recruiting numskulls. Here's background on the players involved in part III. Former Cowboy Artrell Woods is still mad at OSU. SI responds to criticism from Brandon Weeden. As for this week's game, Lamar's offense is much like what OSU sees in the Big 12.
- West Virginia is handing over the keys to its offense to quarterback Ford Childress. Dana Holgorsen says it's Childress' time and his job. WVU linebacker Doug Rigg "still a little foggy" after being knocked out of the Oklahoma game.
- Oklahoma needs a passing attack to maximize its potential. Bob Stoops argues that majority of OU's passing troubles aren't the fault of his QBs.
- Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated visited Texas and Texas A&M on same day and compared where both programs stand. Former Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro says players are to blame for the firing of Manny Diaz. Athlon is predicting an Ole Miss victory on Saturday.
- Kansas ready to end 22-game road losing streak that began in Sept. 2009. KU may have found its deep threat in receiver Rodriguez Coleman. Safety/linebacker tweener Victor Simmons is making a good impression on KU defensive coordinator Dave Campo.
- Iowa State needs Sam Richardson to make game-winning decisions this weekend. The loser of Iowa-Iowa State faces a tough road ahead.
- Bill Snyder is more confident in playing a two-quarterback system than ever before. UMass is facing quarterback questions of its own, plus five keys to a KSU win this weekend.
- Sports On Earth looks at how Baylor and other big-time schools are feasting on easy wins over small-conference schools. The Bears' new stadium is coming along nicely.
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Franklin Texas Longhorns Kids' Deluxe Uniform Set
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Florida State Oklahoma State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD West Virginia Alabama TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech