Lunch links: Snyder's big-time impact
August, 6, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Bill Snyder: Still the best.
- Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star writes about Bill Snyder's off-field impact in Manhattan, including when he prevented one player from committing suicide.
- Iowa State is wearing some 1920s throwback uniforms as a tribute to Jack Trice during this year's game against Iowa. Good look.
- Incoming Oklahoma freshman D.J. Ward will be out awhile because of a spleen issue.
- The Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd looks at Charlie Weis' penchant for giving second chances as it relates to running back Darrian Miller and others, which has had mixed results.
- Dana Holgorsen still needs leadership from his Mountaineers, and Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail takes you on a tour of WVU's facilities.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune asked around and has a few breakout candidates for the Cyclones this fall. Iowa State's team speed has impressed Paul Rhoads, too.
- Very, very cool new "Inside the Program" show from SoonerSports.tv. Get a look inside preseason camp at OU, and Keith Ford brought the boomstick to camp.
- Newfound health could be a huge boost for Kansas linebacker Schyler Miles, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Oklahoma State safety Daytawion Lowe sits down for a Q&A.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel writes about Kliff Kingsbury's immediate impact of being a young coach. And is receiver Shawn Corker poised for a breakout season in Lubbock?
- Is West Virginia the best program in college football without a national title?
HORNSNATION RECRUITING NEWS
TEXAS FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- New World Graphics Men's Texas Longhorns Black 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State