Texas A&M Aggies: Vince Marrow
Happy Monday to you all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Let's take a look at some of the interesting stories from around the league in today's edition of the lunch links:
- Jacob Coker's decision to transfer from Florida State to Alabama to potentially be the Crimson Tide's next starting quarterback created a lot of buzz over the weekend. His private quarterback coach, David Morris, said he and Coker have a "good plan in place" to get Coker ready for his time in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Auburn defensive end Dee Ford had a strong week at the Senior Bowl, probably making himself some money by improving his draft stock in the process.
- LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron's name has been rumored for the same job with the NFL's Cleveland Browns, but an LSU spokesman said Cameron is shooting down any such talk.
- The College Football Playoff selection committee met in Dallas last week, including chairman Jeff Long, who is Arkansas' athletic director. Video technology, analytics and a recusal policy were among the topics discussed.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel made the No. 2 very popular in College Station, Texas, and beyond, but it appears one of the Aggies' top recruits, ESPN 300 athlete Speedy Noil, could be wearing Manziel's number next season if his locker is any indication.
- Missouri's move to the SEC means the Tigers have also shifted their recruiting focus to states in SEC country, which has paid dividends in this year's class.
- Kentucky gave tight ends coach Vince Marrow a raise and an additional title.
- Vanderbilt's new offensive coordinator, Karl Dorrell, is eager to get back to the teaching aspect of his job after spending his previous stint with the NFL's Houston Texans.
Editor's note: For a look at the national recruiter power rankings based only on Class of 2014 success, click here.
It's no secret that Southeastern Conference has been the top conference in the country as far as recruiting over the last several years. The league currently has six teams ranked in the top 11 of the team recruiting rankings. Here's a look at the top 10 recruiters around the ultra-competitive conference.
Sumlin sees similarities with LSU
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama