Texas A&M Aggies: Victor Hampton
Let them eat a late lunch!
- After a frustrating 2013, Alabama wide receiver Chris Black is embracing his changing role under Lane Kiffin.
- Arkansas' secondary is moving on from last fall's struggles.
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn wraps up the Tigers' final scrimmage and previews Saturday's A-Day.
- Florida defensive end/linebacker Dante Fowler Jr. is searching for consistency in 2014.
- Former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray was pleased with his pro day workout.
- Quarterback Jalen Whitlow decided to transfer from Kentucky after being asked if he had any interest in moving to wide receiver.
- Missouri's trip to the AT&T Cotton Bowl last season cost $1.83 million.
- Former South Carolina cornerback Victor Hampton was arrested earlier this month for an alleged dispute with his sister.
- Athlon Sports wonders how many SEC games Texas A&M will win in 2014.
- Running backs and linebackers will be key to Vanderbilt's success this fall.
Lots of good stuff out there from around the SEC today. Let's dive into some of the best headlines in the lunch links:
- He's Alabama's best defensive player and maybe the Crimson Tide's best player, period. This year, linebacker C.J. Mosley has made the most of his senior season and not held anything back -- not even his on-field demeanor.
- With a spread offense, there isn't always a spot for a fullback or H-back, but there is in Gus Malzahn's scheme and Jay Prosch has been a real key to the success of the Auburn running game this season.
- Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had a huge day in the Tigers' last victory, catching seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky. Could that be a sign of things to come for the sophomore?
- Jadeveon Clowney might not be the only Gamecocks player declaring for early entry into the NFL draft. Two other defensive starters -- defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles and cornerback Victor Hampton -- will consider the option after the season.
- Despite what others on campus might say or feel, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking to his original proclamation of "anytime, anywhere," when it comes to playing in-state rival Texas and thinks at some point in time, it will happen.
- Coaches often emphasize rushing the passer and protecting their own quarterback as keys to winning. LSU's Les Miles is no different, noting the Tigers have to do that this weekend.
- With Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott dealing with injuries, Mississippi State freshman Damian Williams could make his first start at quarterback on Saturday for the Bulldogs.
- Jordan Matthews continues to set records and the Vanderbilt receiver is on the verge of setting another this weekend against Tennessee.
- With Skyler Mornhinweg possibly set to start for an injured Tyler Murphy at quarterback, the Gators backup is a senior walk-on and scout team quarterback, Christian Provancha.
Aggies' Speedy Noil Out For SMU Game
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt