Texas A&M Aggies: Shon Coleman
A look at what's happening around the SEC:
- It's NFL draft week, which should once again serve as a showcase for the talent that has helped the SEC remain the top conference in college football. The three-day event begins Thursday evening, and several SEC players will be in New York City that night to celebrate when they are picked in the first round.
- Speaking of the draft, numerous players from the SEC rank among the top offensive prospects waiting to hear their names called on Thursday night and beyond.
- South Carolina's Bruce Ellington isn't listed among those top prospects, but he also hopes to find a professional home by the end of the weekend, ending several months of work toward becoming a draft pick.
- Texas A&M's Jake Matthews is ready to carry on his family's legacy in the pros.
- Cancer survivor -- and sophomore offensive lineman at Auburn -- Shon Coleman will announce a pick at the draft this week.
- By now we've all heard about Jacob Coker transferring in from Florida State, but what happened with three quarterbacks -- Phillip Sims, Luke Del Rio and Phillip Ely -- who transferred away from Alabama? AL.com's Michael Casagrande takes a look.
- Condolences to Florida coach Will Muschamp, whose father, Larry, died late last week and was honored at a memorial service on Sunday.
- Arkansas seems to be finalizing the pieces on its offensive line.
- Over the weekend. The Tennessean's Jeff Lockridge took a look at where SEC teams stood after spring practices.
March Madness is here. A new Cinderella will emerge, and your bracket is bound to start falling apart. For those at work and for those who are taking off early, enjoy a full day of basketball, and for a little football, enjoy today’s lunch links.
- Michael Sam, the SEC defensive player of the year, is among a handful of Missouri players who will work out at the Tigers' pro day on Thursday. Watch live on ESPN3 at noon ET.
- The SEC coaches fought over the 10-second rule all offseason, but Alabama’s linebackers aren’t worried about it or the hurry-up, no-huddle offense.
- The left tackle position at Auburn is wide open, and it looks as though Patrick Miller and Shon Coleman are getting the first crack at it in the first week of spring practice.
- Florida opened spring practice on Wednesday, and the fans saw a more up-tempo style on offense, following a growing trend in college football.
- Former LSU running back Jeremy Hill had his probation lifted Wednesday, a punishment stemming from an incident he was involved in last year.
- Josh Robinson is in line to be the next great running back at Mississippi State, and he has high expectations for himself heading into the season.
- After moving from running back to defensive back last August, Jamari Smith is still learning how to play cornerback in hopes of filling the void in South Carolina’s secondary.
- As spring practice rolls on for Tennessee, the Vols continue to rebuild an offensive line that lost five starters from last fall.
- There has been plenty of criticism of Johnny Manziel over the years, but one ESPN analyst says the former Texas A&M quarterback has 'bust written all over him.'
1Q TA&M T. Williams run for 8 yds for a TD, (J. Lambo KICK)
5:12 1st Qtr 6 Texas A&M 10 SMU 0 9:57 1st Qtr Florida 7 3 Alabama 7 12:45 1st Qtr Indiana 0 18 Missouri 0 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas
7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66