Texas A&M Aggies: Robert Gillespie
Yes, it's that time of year where the talk is centered on the hardwood and brackets, but don't forget, spring football and pro days are in full swing, so there is still much to talk about on the gridiron. A sampling of news, notes and nuggets from around the SEC today:
- Lane Kiffin has been called a lot of things over recent years. Alabama receiver Amari Cooper calls his new offensive coordinator "player friendly."
- Georgia begins spring practice on Tuesday. With a new coordinator in charge (Jeremy Pruitt), defense will be the something fans will keep an eye on. While it's "wide open" according to Pruitt, here's a stab at the pre-spring defensive depth chart.
- Auburn's set at quarterback this fall with Nick Marshall returning, but what could be in store when sophomore backup Jeremy Johnson steps in? He says "more passing" could be the formula in 2015 and beyond.
- Spring football is underway for Arkansas. Here are five key questions for the Razorbacks, who are trying to improve on a rough 2013.
- Florida receiver Andre Debose, who was recently granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA, was involved -- but not arrested -- in a fight Saturday night that led to gunshots being fired according to the Gainesville Police Department. According to the brief, Debose was pushed into a window after an argument.
- LSU's top receivers from 2013 have departed for the NFL, so a pair of young receivers -- Travis Dural and John Diarse -- must step up as a result.
- Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief's strong NFL combine performance could give him a chance to sneak into the first round of the NFL draft, but other factors must be taken into account that could prevent that.
- Maty Mauk is Missouri's starting quarterback, but Gary Pinkel said "it's all about competition," and that the sophomore who was 3-1 as a starter last year is the starter "right now."
- Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie breaks down the Volunteers' running backs.
Life After Clowney, Manziel
6:00 PM ET 21 Texas A&M 9 South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State 18 Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU