Texas A&M Aggies: Patrick Miller
There were 80 fires put out and 21 arrests in Lexington on Saturday night after Kentucky defeated Wisconsin to reach Monday night's college basketball national championship game. Whatever happened to "Act like you've been there before?"
- Ole Miss is feeling good after wrapping up its spring with the Grove Bowl on Saturday.
- LSU's quarterback situation is more murky after Saturday's spring game. Linebacker Deion Jones and tight end DeSean Smith had standout performances. In other news about the Tigers, the SEC Network has added former LSU defensive linemen Marcus Spears and Booger McFarland as studio analysts.
- Texas A&M sophomore receiver Ricky Seals-Jones was arrested early on Sunday morning for disorderly conduct.
- In Missouri's first full scrimmage on Saturday, running backs Russell Hansbrough (shoulder) and Marcus Murphy (ankle) were hurt, opening the door for Morgan Steward to put on a show.
- Nick Saban was pleased with Alabama's first scrimmage on Saturday. The Tide have reached the halfway point of their spring session. Five story lines have taken center stage while players have emerged as well.
- South Carolina RB Mike Davis says he measures himself against the SEC's top backs. Tight end Rory Anderson will miss the rest of spring ball after tearing his triceps in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott starred in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Auburn is still sorting out its offensive line, as Avery Young moves from right tackle to right guard and Patrick Miller rotates at left and right tackle.
- Georgia's offense outshined the defense in Saturday's scrimmage. Running back Todd Gurley was the standout of the day.
- Quarterback Brandon Allen was sharp in Arkansas' first scrimmage inside Razorback Stadium on Saturday.
- Tennessee quarterbacks have been inconsistent this spring with no leader emerging from the pack. The Vols defense stepped up in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Florida punter Johnny Townsend will miss the rest of spring after surgery on his wrist.
- A mural of Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason's face will be redone after complaints and a petition started by the school's NAACP chapter.
March Madness is here. A new Cinderella will emerge, and your bracket is bound to start falling apart. For those at work and for those who are taking off early, enjoy a full day of basketball, and for a little football, enjoy today’s lunch links.
- Michael Sam, the SEC defensive player of the year, is among a handful of Missouri players who will work out at the Tigers' pro day on Thursday. Watch live on ESPN3 at noon ET.
- The SEC coaches fought over the 10-second rule all offseason, but Alabama’s linebackers aren’t worried about it or the hurry-up, no-huddle offense.
- The left tackle position at Auburn is wide open, and it looks as though Patrick Miller and Shon Coleman are getting the first crack at it in the first week of spring practice.
- Florida opened spring practice on Wednesday, and the fans saw a more up-tempo style on offense, following a growing trend in college football.
- Former LSU running back Jeremy Hill had his probation lifted Wednesday, a punishment stemming from an incident he was involved in last year.
- Josh Robinson is in line to be the next great running back at Mississippi State, and he has high expectations for himself heading into the season.
- After moving from running back to defensive back last August, Jamari Smith is still learning how to play cornerback in hopes of filling the void in South Carolina’s secondary.
- As spring practice rolls on for Tennessee, the Vols continue to rebuild an offensive line that lost five starters from last fall.
- There has been plenty of criticism of Johnny Manziel over the years, but one ESPN analyst says the former Texas A&M quarterback has 'bust written all over him.'
Blue Chip Battles: ESPN 300 Update
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU