Texas A&M Aggies: Korliss Marshall
Friday is finally here. Get a jump start on your weekend with Friday's lunch links.
- Ranking the coaches: Nick Saban remains the No. 1 coach in college football, but what fellow SEC coach moved up to No. 2?
- It has been 38 years since Alabama has had a quarterback go in the first round, but Richard Todd, the last one to do it, believes AJ McCarron will end the drought.
- After a breakout performance in the spring game, Arkansas running back Korliss Marshall has created a dilemna by adding yet another option in the Hogs’ backfield.
- With better execution, Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee believes his team could’ve "named our score" in the BCS championship.
- Running backs Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall are at the top of Georgia’s depth chart, but who is next in line?
- Kentucky has yet to name a starting quarterback which means redshirt freshman Reese Phillips is still in the mix.
- LSU quarterbacks Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings both improved this spring, but neither one stands out yet.
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel supports the SEC’s eight-game schedule and is looking forward to the potential rivalry with Arkansas that it sets up.
- Texas A&M defensive end Gavin Stansbury was arrested on assault charges earlier this spring, but his lawyer said Thursday that it was ‘a horrible case of mistaken identity.’
It's not exactly like the fall, but at least we'll have some football (spring) games this weekend. Let's take a quick spin around the SEC and see what's happening as the final spring scrimmages approach at some of the league's schools.
- Georgia's director of on-campus recruiting, Daryl Jones, discusses the program's use of junior graphic design major Lisa Rader's unique drawings that it has recently begun sending to recruits, showing them half in their high school uniform and half in one from UGA.
- The Advocate's Ross Dellenger spoke with LSU's football scheduling head honcho Verge Ausberry about how the program approaches modern-day scheduling. The Tigers recently announced home-and-home series in upcoming seasons against UCLA and Arizona State.
- Alabama's Blake Sims calls the team's quarterback competition a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
- The Sept. 6 game between Vanderbilt and Ole Miss could be moved to Nashville's LP Field.
- Kentucky's coaches say their team is in a much better place at quarterback after a tumultuous 2013 season.
- Linebackers like Antonio Morrison and Daniel McMillian delivered strong play in Florida's spring practice on Wednesday.
- South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney has stated his case on why he should be the No. 1 overall pick in next month's NFL draft.
- Auburn center Xavier Dampeer's strong spring continues as he stakes a claim on becoming Reese Dismuke's heir apparent at center.
- Missouri is hoping for another dominant season from its defensive line.
- Arkansas' Korliss Marshall is adjusting to a full-time role in the backfield after playing defense most of last season.
- Texas A&M sophomore Jordan Mastrogiovanni is settling in at middle linebacker, a position group that could enjoy better depth in 2014.
- Former Tennessee offensive tackle Antonio Richardson proclaimed that he is finally healthy at the Vols' NFL pro day on Wednesday.
Five-Star DT Decommits From Texas A&M
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State