Texas A&M Aggies: Kolton Houston
August, 13, 2013
By David Ching | ESPN.com
We're less than three weeks from the first college football games of the season, but there is still plenty of lineup shuffling occurring at some SEC schools. Take a look below.
- Listen to The Paul Finebaum Show live weekdays Monday-Friday from 2-6 p.m. ET.
- With Kiehl Frazier stepping aside to play safety, newcomers Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall are now the frontrunners to win Auburn’s starting quarterback job.
- Meanwhile, Alabama senior AJ McCarron is helping train the young quarterbacks who will succeed him once his career is complete.
- LSU offensive lineman Vadal Alexander is making an unusual position flip after a career-threatening injury suffered by starting left guard Josh Williford.
- Catch video of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier discussing injuries to defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and receivers Bruce Ellington and Damiere Byrd -- ailments that he claimed might keep them out of the opener against North Carolina.
- Georgia’s Jordan Jenkins and Alabama’s Chris Black are among the 25 SEC breakout candidates listed today by Athlon Sports.
- Florida’s Will Muschamp fills in a group of reporters about the status of the team as the Gators push toward their opener against Toledo.
- Speaking of the Gators, Muschamp’s program picked up three big commitments on Monday.
- Two of Missouri’s top players, running back Henry Josey and cornerback E.J. Gaines, sat out Tuesday morning’s practice with injuries.
- Deciphering Saban speak: How good is Alabama really going to be this year?
- Georgia’s Kolton Houston was only recently reinstated by the NCAA. Now he’s competing for a starting job along the Bulldogs’ offensive line.