Texas A&M Aggies: Justin Garrett
August, 12, 2013
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Here’s some required SEC reading to help get you through the rest of your Monday.
- The SEC has secured bowl spots for at least 10 of its member schools starting in 2014.
- If anyone thought Alabama receiver Amari Cooper was about to slow down after a stellar freshman season, his explosive first scrimmage would indicate otherwise.
- Defensive coordinator John Chavis is fine with the many fresh faces on LSU’s rebuilt defense.
- An intriguing football triangle is taking shape between Georgia, South Carolina and Clemson.
- Tennessee running back Rajion Neal is confident that the Volunteers’ passing game will open up space for him to run.
- With Paul Finebaum returning to the airwaves today, al.com breaks down some of the infamous radio host’s most noteworthy callers who we’ve missed during his radio absence.
- Florida’s Ronald Powell is using Adrian Peterson as an example as he works to return from a season-ending knee injury suffered in spring 2012.
- James Franklin states his case for Missouri’s starting quarterback job.
- Georgia defensive end Sterling Bailey might start for the first time since high school, in 2010, when the Bulldogs open the season at Clemson.
- Approximately 5,000 people turned out for Vanderbilt’s fan day on Sunday despite the cloud of four former players having been arrested for rape hanging over the program.
- Auburn safety Justin Garrett was unable to practice on Sunday because of a foot injury.
- Speaking of Auburn, newly minted PGA champion Jason Dufner dedicated his victory to all the people in his adopted hometown.
Better Freshman Season: Manziel Or Winston?