Texas A&M Aggies: Jojo Kemp
Here we go. It's Alabama-LSU week, which is typically one of the most heavily hyped weeks of the SEC season. This one isn't quite the same as some in the recent past, but it still ranks among the nation's biggest games.
- After a ho-hum Saturday around the SEC, Alabama-LSU week is here.
- Las Vegas isn't giving the Tigers much of a chance, however. Alabama is a double-digit favorite on Saturday.
- The (Baton Rouge) Advocate's Matthew Harris writes that LSU will trek to Alabama for its latest test of faith.
- Auburn's Anthony Swain was accused of faking an injury Saturday against Arkansas, but defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said he suffered a legitimate knee injury.
- With two plays, South Carolina's Mike Davis showed why he's a 2014 Heisman hopeful.
- Speaking of the Heisman, the defending trophy winner -- his name is Johnny Manziel ... maybe you've heard of him -- appears set to make a late push for the award again.
- Personal loss is a heavy burden for Kentucky's Jojo Kemp.
- Mississippi State's Dan Mullen applauds a new NCAA recruiting rule.
- After falling to 4-4 with Saturday's loss to Georgia, Florida is now focused on reaching bowl eligibility.
- Georgia hopes to look more like Jekyll and less like Hyde down the stretch.
- Tennessee looks to regroup before hosting Auburn.
We're a little closer to game day in the SEC. With several notable conference matchups on tap, here's look at some of the storylines, news and notes from around the league:
- Alabama looks to fix a running game that has struggled to find consistency in the first four weeks of the season and ranks last in the SEC in rushing yards per game.
- Success is a family matter for LSU running back Odell Beckham Jr., whose father, Odell Sr, was an LSU running back and whose mother, Heather, was a track star.
- Georgia players who got to know LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger when he was a Bulldog are happy he has found success, but obviously, want to beat him and the Tigers.
- Texas A&M senior Nate Askew made the transition from receiver to linebacker a successful one, even though it's a position he never played before this season.
- South Carolina cornerback Jimmy Legree leads by example, both on and off the field.
- After recording his first 100-yard receiving game of his career against LSU, Auburn receiver Sammie Coates appears to be emerging as one of the top deep threats in the SEC.
- Kentucky true freshman running back JoJo Kemp will see his role increased on a week when the Wildcats face the No. 1 run defense in the country in Florida.
- Mississippi State junior right guard Ben Beckwith has worked his way from a walk-on to starting on Saturdays.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin has learned to let go of the negativity, both on and off the field.
- Florida suffered a tough blow when it got the news that defensive tackle Dominique Easley is out for the season with a torn ACL.
- Ole Miss running back Jeff Scott has shifted his attitude, including "lifestyle" choices off the field to help ensure he has a stellar 2013 season.
- Vanderbilt receiver Jordan Matthews is chasing some SEC receiving records this season.
- Keeping the ball away from Texas A&M's high-powered offense might be the best course of action for Arkansas this weekend.