Texas A&M Aggies: Hunter Atkinson
June, 19, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Plenty of news or nuggets to digest today around the SEC. Have at it:
- NCAA president Mark Emmert will take the stand today in the Ed O'Bannon antitrust trial. His testimony will likely be the most paid attention to of any in the trial.
- Former Florida Gators All-American fullback Larry Dupree died of a heart attack on Sunday at 71.
- Auburn's famed golden eagle Tiger, also known as War Eagle VI, died on Wednesday.
- Former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham is examining potential landing spots, including Oklahoma, according to The Oklahoman. Here are reasons why it does and doesn't make sense for DGB to join the Sooners.
- Texas A&M's recruiting success has given birth to a new hashtag that some coaches and committed recruits use on social media, #WRTS, which is believed to be an acronym for "We Run This State." Head coach Kevin Sumlin is coy when asked about it.
- Incoming freshman tight end Hunter Atkinson's career at Georgia is coming to a close before it started, as he has opted not to play football.
- Could Blake Sims have an impact on Alabama's season even if he's backing up Jacob Coker? AL.com says yes.
- It has been a rough week for Kentucky recruiting, as four of its top targets have committed elsewhere.
- South Carolina plans to stick to its nonconference scheduling plan.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Texas A&M Football retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 15 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 21 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 12 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 9 Texas A&M