Texas A&M Aggies: Hunter Atkinson
June, 19, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Plenty of news or nuggets to digest today around the SEC. Have at it:
- NCAA president Mark Emmert will take the stand today in the Ed O'Bannon antitrust trial. His testimony will likely be the most paid attention to of any in the trial.
- Former Florida Gators All-American fullback Larry Dupree died of a heart attack on Sunday at 71.
- Auburn's famed golden eagle Tiger, also known as War Eagle VI, died on Wednesday.
- Former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham is examining potential landing spots, including Oklahoma, according to The Oklahoman. Here are reasons why it does and doesn't make sense for DGB to join the Sooners.
- Texas A&M's recruiting success has given birth to a new hashtag that some coaches and committed recruits use on social media, #WRTS, which is believed to be an acronym for "We Run This State." Head coach Kevin Sumlin is coy when asked about it.
- Incoming freshman tight end Hunter Atkinson's career at Georgia is coming to a close before it started, as he has opted not to play football.
- Could Blake Sims have an impact on Alabama's season even if he's backing up Jacob Coker? AL.com says yes.
- It has been a rough week for Kentucky recruiting, as four of its top targets have committed elsewhere.
- South Carolina plans to stick to its nonconference scheduling plan.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- ESPN_SEC retweeted
- Jon Lee retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
2:36 4th Qtr West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Delayed Arkansas 6 Auburn 6:43 2nd Qtr 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 21 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida
7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State
- SEC NETWORK/WatchESPN
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7