Texas A&M Aggies: Dillon Lee
Spring games galore this weekend! Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt will be in action on Saturday. But news isn't just on the field; there's plenty off the field, too:
- No arrests will be made in the burglary investigation that involved Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham but that doesn't necessarily mean he will escape further discipline (he already is suspended indefinitely by Gary Pinkel) based on the details that have emerged.
- Meet the Bag Man: Stories from someone who claims to deliver cash to football recruits.
- Alabama linebacker Dillon Lee was arrested Thursday on a DUI charge and running back Altee Tenpenny could get a marijuana possession charge dropped if he can stay out of trouble for a year.
- Vanderbilt's spring football game may determine the leader in the quarterback battle between sophomore Patton Robinette and redshirt freshman Johnny McCrary.
- Sophomore Brandon Greene and freshman Cameron Robinson are the two players battling for the right to replace Cyrus Kouandijo as Alabama's left tackle.
- Jay Prosch was a key member of Auburn's offense, so the Tigers are searching high and low for replacement candidates at H-back.
- Mississippi State unveiled new uniforms that it will wear for its season opener against Southern Miss on Aug. 30.
- Arkansas' receivers are making progress this spring, particularly Drew Morgan.
- There's a report that former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel scored highest among quarterbacks on his Wonderlic test.
- Some notes from Tennessee's final fully padded practice before its spring game on Saturday.
- Florida receiver Andre Debose is ready to show he has NFL potential in his sixth and final season.
- Steve Spurrier took in the Masters for a few hours before South Carolina's Thursday practice.
- A ranking of all 128 FBS coaches (spoiler: Nick Saban tops the list).
Spring storylines abound this week around the SEC. Let's take a quick spin around the league to see what's happening.
- A Nashville group is working to put together an annual, high-profile non-conference game for SEC teams to be played at LP Field, possibly as early as 2016.
- Former South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney said it's like “spit in the face” when observers accuse him of having taken plays off last season.
- Now that spring break is over, Butch Jones wants to see more from his young Tennessee team.
- For the second season in a row, Florida could have a freshman cornerback step into a starring role if Jalen Tabor and Duke Dawson keep up their impressive play.
- Quayvon Hicks and J.J. Green both resided in Georgia's running backs meeting room last year. Now they're both working elsewhere in an effort to fill holes on the roster.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt said Tuesday that he hasn't fully decided how to punish the four players arrested last week on charges of illegal check cashing.
- Dak Prescott and De'Runnya Wilson discuss the spring competition between Mississippi State's offense and defense with the Jackson Clarion-Ledger's Michael Bonner.
- LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has juggled his linebacker assignments this spring, with multiple players moving to new positions.
- Ole Miss sophomore Laremy Tunsil said he has championships to win before he begins worrying about a future in the NFL.
- Auburn's coaches are working with backup quarterback Jeremy Johnson to ensure that he can run the zone read in case starter Nick Marshall goes down.
- Following a medical procedure on his left shoulder, Vanderbilt's Kris Kentera will miss the remainder of spring practice.
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel will appear on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN on Thursday.
- Speaking of Johnny Football, he and his fellow Aggies will participate in their NFL pro day on Thursday.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee might fill multiple holes on Alabama's defense.
Sumlin Interested To See New QBs
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU