Texas A&M Aggies: Connor Neighbors
It was a good start to Week 13 with a thriller in the Egg Bowl. There still are plenty of games to be played, including Saturday’s Iron Bowl. Let’s take a look around the SEC:
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron can make a case for the Heisman Trophy with a strong performance against Auburn on Saturday.
- Gus Malzahn has turned Auburn’s program around in just one year. His signature gesture points the program to an even higher goal.
- Defensive end Michael Sam, a former-two-star recruit, has emerged as one of the SEC’s top pass rushers, giving Missouri’s defense an edge.
- Jadeveon Clowney took a shot at Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd over the summer, and he’ll get a chance to back it up Saturday in the Palmetto Bowl.
- LSU fullback Connor Neighbors worked his way from afterthought to playing a key role in the Tigers’ offense this season.
- Johnny Manziel expects to bounce back Saturday at Missouri.
- Dak Prescott wasn’t expected to play for Mississippi State on Thursday, but he came in during the fourth quarter and led the Bulldogs past Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.
- Georgia’s Ramik Wilson making the most of a move to inside linebacker.
- Florida State legend Bobby Bowden has coached in his fair share of Florida-FSU games, but he doesn’t remember the gap ever being this wide.
- Running back Wesley Tate eyes big finish to his up-and-down career at Vanderbilt.
September, 17, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Still reliving last weekend's games? You're not alone. With no football on tonight -- not even professional -- just do what I'm doing to get by and find a game on your DVR.
- Alabama's tight ends and H-backs thrived against Texas A&M, gaining confidence in their place in the offense.
- Nick Marshall's growth under center for Auburn has been swift. Said one teammate: "He has an unbelievable amount of potential."
- Arkansas is preparing for its first road test under coach Bret Bielema.
- Connor Neighbors showed against Kent State what type of impact he can have on LSU's offense at fullback.
- AJ McCarron and Johnny Manziel's duel on Saturday was unlike any other.
- South Carolina's offense is 'clicking on all cylinders' heading into the bye week.
- Three games into the season, Butch Jones appears to be reopening the quarterback competition.
- Contrary to popular opinion, Florida's season didn't end at the hands of Miami. The Gators say that many of their goals are still attainable.
- Georgia cornerback Sheldon Dawson entered the preseason as a starter, but has hardly played in the first few games. He's frustrated, but remains upbeat.
- Missouri's Andrew Wilson is resigned to serving the half-game suspension against Indiana for a targeting penalty he received in a game this past weekend.
- James Franklin is changing the way Vanderbilt practices in hopes of injecting some life into his 1-2 football team.