Texas A&M Aggies: Cameron Jefferson
Starting tonight Florida and Alabama tussle for the national championship in softball. After that, we're running out of college sports seasons.
- Alabama and South Carolina were picked to win their divisions by the SEC's 14 sports information directors in the 68th annual AL.com/Birmingham News Spring SEC Football Report. AL.com's Kevin Scarbinsky says they're crazy not to pick Auburn.
- Arkansas got an important transfer with left guard Cameron Jefferson, who was a three-year starter for UNLV. The 6-foot-6, 300-pound lineman is eligible to play this fall and expected to contend for a starting job.
- The much-anticipated SEC Network launches in August and with it comes a pre-game show called "SEC Nation". The network unveiled the destinations for Weeks 2-4 with one highlight being Tim Tebow's return to Gainesville, Fla., for the Week 3 Florida-Kentucky matchup. The show promises to hit all 14 SEC venues by the end of the season.
- Tebow also gave a quick preview of the Week 2 Ole Miss at Vanderbilt game, where the pregame show will take place.
- While he was in Nashville, Tenn., for the SEC Network announcement, Tebow talked about his May visit to the D-1 Training facility in the suburb of Cool Springs. He's still hoping to be signed by an NFL team and said, "[I'm] training every day and feel like I'm the best that I've ever been. Love it, love playing, love talking about it, and I'm just excited about whatever the future holds. Who knows [what could happen]? I'm excited about it, though."
- With the BCS standings no more, the SEC has devised a new way to determine a division champ in a tiebreaker situation.
- LSU reserve quarterback Hayden Rettig says he will transfer. He was the Tigers' No. 3 QB.
- Some Vols fans were taken aback by the transfer of QB Riley Ferguson, but Tennessee's history shows that quarterback transfers haven't hurt much.
- Formerly the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, Kliff Kingsbury's ties to the Aggies continue to pay off. When Kyler Murray decided not to commit to Kingsbury's Texas Tech Red Raiders, Kingsbury steered the No. 1 quarterback prospect in the 2015 class toward Texas A&M.
- Georgia's newest freshmen began filing onto campus on Monday.
No. 3 WR Christian Kirk Commits To Aggies
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State