Texas A&M Aggies: Andrew Wilson
After New Year’s Day, the SEC is now 5-1 in bowl games. But four teams still have games left to play, including Auburn in Monday’s VIZIO BCS National Championship Game. For the latest news and notes from around the conference, check out today’s lunch links.
- At this time last year, Gus Malzahn was just a month into his new job at Auburn. He wasn’t thinking national championship. He was busy recruiting.
- For the first time in the past three years, Alabama won’t play in the BCS title game. Nick Saban is still preaching the same things -- discipline and fundamentals -- but he’s doing so in New Orleans, not Pasadena.
- Missouri linebacker Andrew Wilson attended the 2008 Cotton Bowl with his father. Now he’s headed back to the AT&T Cotton Bowl and aiming to pass his old man on Mizzou’s career tackles list.
- Long before adding Texas A&M, the SEC established a stronghold in Texas by owning the Big 12 in the Cotton Bowl.
- As Vanderbilt prepares for Saturday’s BBVA Compass Bowl, athletic director David Williams says people have called and asked about head coach James Franklin. He didn’t rule out amending his coach’s current contract.
- He didn’t wow anybody, but LSU freshman quarterback Anthony Jennings got a win in his first start with the Tigers.
- South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney already announced he was leaving early for the NFL, but should teammate Bruce Ellington try his shot at the next level as well?
- Florida’s downfall started a year ago when the Gators were embarrassed by Louisville in the 2013 Allstate Sugar Bowl.
September, 17, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Still reliving last weekend's games? You're not alone. With no football on tonight -- not even professional -- just do what I'm doing to get by and find a game on your DVR.
- Alabama's tight ends and H-backs thrived against Texas A&M, gaining confidence in their place in the offense.
- Nick Marshall's growth under center for Auburn has been swift. Said one teammate: "He has an unbelievable amount of potential."
- Arkansas is preparing for its first road test under coach Bret Bielema.
- Connor Neighbors showed against Kent State what type of impact he can have on LSU's offense at fullback.
- AJ McCarron and Johnny Manziel's duel on Saturday was unlike any other.
- South Carolina's offense is 'clicking on all cylinders' heading into the bye week.
- Three games into the season, Butch Jones appears to be reopening the quarterback competition.
- Contrary to popular opinion, Florida's season didn't end at the hands of Miami. The Gators say that many of their goals are still attainable.
- Georgia cornerback Sheldon Dawson entered the preseason as a starter, but has hardly played in the first few games. He's frustrated, but remains upbeat.
- Missouri's Andrew Wilson is resigned to serving the half-game suspension against Indiana for a targeting penalty he received in a game this past weekend.
- James Franklin is changing the way Vanderbilt practices in hopes of injecting some life into his 1-2 football team.
Recruit Comparison: Murray to Allen
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35