Monday, September 24, 2012
Texas A&M top 10: Week 4
By Sam Khan Jr.
Each week this season, GigEmNation will rank Texas A&M's top 10 performers of the season up to this point. Now that the Aggies have two games under their belts, let's look at who has shined so far:
1. QB Johnny Manziel Manziel put together another impressive performance on Saturday against South Carolina State, having a hand in five touchdowns in just one half of play.
2. DE Damontre Moore The junior recorded a sack for the third straight game, tallying one against the Bulldogs. He now has six sacks for the seaeson and eight tackles for loss, both team highs.
3. LT Luke Joeckel Joeckel continues to be a consistent force on the left side of the line.
4. WR Mike Evans While he didn't make the huge plays he did a week prior against SMU, Evans still led the team in receptions against South Carolina State, catching five passes for 41 yards.
5. RT Jake Matthews Matthews has been a capable pass protector throughout the season.
6. DT Spencer Nealy Along with Moore's production, Nealy's presence on the inside has helped the defensive line go from being a question mark to a pleasant surprise for the Aggies so far.
7. LB Jonathan Stewart The senior picked up four more tackles and has a team-high 26 tackles so far.
8. LB Sean Porter Porter was quiet against South Carolina State but will be a key cog in the Aggies' defense moving forward.
9. CB/RS Dustin Harris Harris has started two consecutive games at cornerback but his special teams contributions have been significant in the last two wins. His school and SEC record 246 punt return yards against South Carolina State were impressive.
10. LB Steven Jenkins Jenkins added four tackles against the Bulldogs and is third on the team in the category so far this year.