SEC lunchtime links
- With all the attention on autographs and NCAA violations, Alabama coach Nick Saban says he trusts his players not to take money to sign.
- The Crimson Tide had a pretty high-profile guest speaker on Thursday: New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, who spoke to the team about complacency, selfishness and accountability.
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn took an unusual step to try and get some separation in the Tigers' quarterback competition. He let all four of them get hit during a scrimmage in the hopes of generating some separation.
- The Baton Rouge (La.) Advocate, citing sources, reported that LSU guard Josh Wilford suffered a concussion during practice on Thursday and it may be a career-threatening injury.
- Kiero Small took a long road to Arkansas -- one that included military school and junior college -- and it has helped shape the fullback into the heart and soul of the Razorbacks.
- One of the reasons Mississippi State's Cedric Ogbuehi is happy about his move from guard to tackle is the fact that tackles make more money in the NFL.
- Recruiting is a never-ending grind for coaches, as Georgia's assistants can attest.
- The Bulldogs also have a couple of pretty impressive freshmen defensive backs.
- Florida has a trio of replacement players -- linebacker Michael Taylor, quarterback Tyler Murphy and running back Mack Brown -- who have capably filled in for injured and suspended teammates in the first week of camp. Two of those players -- quarterback Jeff Driskel and linebacker Antonio Morrison -- returned to the practice field Thursday night.
- The newfound enthusiasm around Kentucky football has the Wildcats' seniors encouraged about their final season.
- You know what the Tennessee football program could use? A little luck, Knoxville (Tenn.) News-Sentinel columnist John Adams says.
- South Carolina's third-fastest player is a walk-on wide receiver who is a cousin of former Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst. He's keeping that last part mostly to himself.
Arkansas Razorbacks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, College Football, Football, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Nick Saban, Cedric Ogbuehi, Jeff Driskel, Gus Malzahn, mack brown, Antonio Morrison, SEC lunchtime links, Joe Girardi, Josh Wilford, Kiero Small, Michael Taylor, New York Yankees, Tyler Murphy