SEC lunchtime links
- Will South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney go first overall in the NFL draft? Draft analysts are divided on that question.
- Johnny Manziel could also go early in the first round, although the former Texas A&M quarterback has his share of both supporters and detractors.
- Jacob Coker arrived at Alabama on Monday and coach Nick Saban said at a Crimson Caravan event on Tuesday night that the quarterback widely assumed to become the Tide's starter this season “has plenty of time to get adjusted.”
- The Lexington Herald-Leader's John Clay writes that Kentucky's contract extension for coach Mark Stoops was a show, not a leap, of faith.
- Georgia might have only two players drafted this week, but several ex-Bulldogs hope to follow former teammate Marlon Brown's lead and make a splash in the NFL as undrafted free agents.
- Would you want Adam “Pacman” Jones to address your team? Tennessee coach Butch Jones does.
- Gannett Louisiana's Glenn Guilbeau writes that the reports concerning LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger's flagged drug test at the NFL combine have slowed the momentum he built since the Tigers' pro day last month.
- Missouri's Michael Sam will be presented with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs in July.
- A good talent base and the players' willingness to listen helped J.B. Grimes lead a historic turnaround with Auburn's offensive line last season.
- Athlon debates whether Auburn's defense or Alabama's quarterback is a bigger concern in 2014.
- The SEC has led all conferences in drafted players each year since 2006, and there's a good chance that trend will continue this year.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Missouri Tigers, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Nick Saban, Zach Mettenberger, Marlon Brown, Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel, Michael Sam, Mark Stoops, Butch Jones, J.B. Grimes, Jacob Coker, Pacman Jones
False Start For College Football Season?
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET UAB Arkansas 3:30 PM ET 1 Mississippi State Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt Missouri 7:15 PM ET 3 Ole Miss 24 LSU 7:30 PM ET South Carolina 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 4 Alabama Tennessee