SEC lunchtime links
- A Nashville group is working to put together an annual, high-profile non-conference game for SEC teams to be played at LP Field, possibly as early as 2016.
- Former South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney said it's like “spit in the face” when observers accuse him of having taken plays off last season.
- Now that spring break is over, Butch Jones wants to see more from his young Tennessee team.
- For the second season in a row, Florida could have a freshman cornerback step into a starring role if Jalen Tabor and Duke Dawson keep up their impressive play.
- Quayvon Hicks and J.J. Green both resided in Georgia's running backs meeting room last year. Now they're both working elsewhere in an effort to fill holes on the roster.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt said Tuesday that he hasn't fully decided how to punish the four players arrested last week on charges of illegal check cashing.
- Dak Prescott and De'Runnya Wilson discuss the spring competition between Mississippi State's offense and defense with the Jackson Clarion-Ledger's Michael Bonner.
- LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has juggled his linebacker assignments this spring, with multiple players moving to new positions.
- Ole Miss sophomore Laremy Tunsil said he has championships to win before he begins worrying about a future in the NFL.
- Auburn's coaches are working with backup quarterback Jeremy Johnson to ensure that he can run the zone read in case starter Nick Marshall goes down.
- Following a medical procedure on his left shoulder, Vanderbilt's Kris Kentera will miss the remainder of spring practice.
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel will appear on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN on Thursday.
- Speaking of Johnny Football, he and his fellow Aggies will participate in their NFL pro day on Thursday.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee might fill multiple holes on Alabama's defense.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Ole Miss Rebels, Mark Richt, Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel, Jeremy Johnson, Laremy Tunsil, John Chavis, Butch Jones, Jalen Tabor, duke dawson, Dak Prescott, J.J. Green, De'Runnya Wilson, Dillon Lee, Kris Kentera, Quayvon Hicks
Saturday's top plays in the SEC
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- TexAgs retweeted
- David Beaty retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Final Samford 7 14 Auburn 31 Final 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 21 Final Vanderbilt 0 4 Mississippi State 51